Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22 - Middle School Savior Heidi

Happy Birthday Heidi!!! 

I met Heidi when we were in dance together in middle school. I think the first year we were in class together we did a dance to girls just wanna have fun and had horrific purple bell bottom unitard costumes. 



Heidi and I have been friends for almost 13 years so you can imagine all of the fun memories I have of Heidi but there is always one that will stand out in my mind. In middle school I'll be honest I went through a really rough time. The few friends I had I lost by 7th grade for various reasons and soon found myself sitting alone at lunch. What was even worse is I was the girl everyone wanted to pick on, I got called shrimp boobs, got put in trash cans, called four eyes and even had kids throw water on me at lunch. Needless to say I was quite a depressed child. Luckily for me I had an escape, dance. And it was because of that escape I found Heidi, we quickly became friends and our friendship grew outside of just dance. One day she invited me to sit at her lunch table with her friends, and to no big surprise they said no. Heidi being the brave 7th grader that she was said fine, then I am not sitting with you either. So for a few days, until her friends broke down and let me sit with them, we sat alone together at lunch.  I cannot thank Heidi enough for her brave stand, it truly made a difference in my life at a time when I really needed it. 

I love you so much Heidi! I hope you have a WONDERFUL Birthday!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Day in History:

Lincoln tells his cabinet about Emancipation Proclamation 



On this day in 1862, President Abraham Lincoln informs his chief advisors and cabinet that he will issue a proclamation to free slaves, but adds that he will wait until the Union Army has achieved a substantial military victory to make the announcement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celebrity Birthday:

David Spade
July 22, 1964


0 comments:

Post a Comment